The new information and communication technologies have been evolving and improving over time and, today, they are a fundamental part of the distribution process of an organization, favoring the company’s security, greater competitiveness and the growth of the productivity.
The opportunity that companies currently have to direct the different aspects of the transport of their merchandise, such as saving gasoline, the conservation and surveillance of their vehicles or the precaution against possible thefts, is opening a new world to the organization of the logistics around the planet. We are therefore facing a situation where not only are we more globalized, but we are more connected than ever, which allows us to interact immediately in the face of possible contingencies that may arise along the way.
Thanks to various technologies, including GPS, organizations can control their fleet of vehicles in real time. This technique allows to communicate to each one of the trucks or vans that take it installed with the existing satellites around the world and these send the information that will be treated and stored so that the employer can review it when needed through the Internet.
In short, what the GPS is contributing to companies is to have greater control over all aspects that concern the transport of their goods, and this control is essential to make decisions about the logistics of the company. At the same time intervenes in important issues such as business safety or achieve greater excellence, increase productivity of both vehicles and workers, and reduce possible contingencies that may occur as damage to the goods or theft of vehicles or materials. You can check the best truck GPS on https://www.expnet.com/reviews/best-truck-gps.
What the Global Positioning System allows to control
- Monitor the stops made by the driverof the vehicle at the exact time on a specific day, thus achieving greater control over unnecessary pauses and downtime in which the vehicle should be in operation and that affects the normal performance of work.
- Reports on speeding:The GPS locates where and how much speed the vehicle was going to allow the employer to reduce the risk of accidents and deterioration of the truck or van and the merchandise.
- It prevents drivers from getting lost, which makes it possible to transport the production in the time agreed between the parties.
- It controls the real distance that has been traveled and the time in which the engine is running, which allows to plan the fuel investment, discover fraudulent parts about the consumption of gasoline and schedule the necessary revisions of the vehicles according to the distance traveled.
- It detects the exact second in which the vehicle leaves the itinerarythat corresponds to it, which gives the entrepreneur the ability to react to unforeseen events such as theft or delays.
- Determine the proximity of the customerswith respect to the fleet of trucks to carry out an accurate address of the route to be carried out and a good provision of the service.
- Management of authorized personnel to access thenecessary information to carry out the logistics operation by the client. This will promote the security of the transaction.
- Control of the set of vehicles belonging to the company’s fleet, allowing a better management of trucks or vans according to the type of client to whom the distribution is made, the different types of operations carried out or the time slot in which the service is performed.
In conclusion, it can be seen that in the present, new technologies are driving the optimization and improvement of the logistic processes that are carried out in companies, taking advantage of the multiple advantages that ICTs can offer them.